Thursday, April 26, 2012

Book It

For many months I was making piles of books that I wanted to read. (By "books" I mean the kind made out of paper.) I also have many, many unread books on my Kindle.

A couple weeks ago, I decided to store my piles of books in a large plastic bin. I set each book on its side so that I could see the title at a glance. This seemed to work well until I filled the bottom of the bin and saw that I still had a bunch of books left to store. Fortunately, I happened to have a second plastic bin. I barely had enough space for the remaining books. Barely.

So, when am I going to get all of these books read?

My goal is to read two books per week. (See "my weekly book challenge" blog.) There are very few weeks in which I meet my goal. But I do average at least one book per week.

Until just a couple hours ago, I had three books going at the same time: two novels and one non-fiction. Usually I don't read two novels simultaneously, and I think that is a good practice to keep! I didn't really confuse the two stories, but I can see where it could be a problem if they were of similar genres.

A blogger friend has been doing an interesting series of posts. She decided to read a book for every letter of the alphabet. That is, the title of the book started with the particular letter. (And, no, she didn't use the "'A' is for Alibi" series by Sue Grafton!)

I think I may do this myself, using a combination of the books in my bins and the books on my Kindle. I have plenty to choose from!

No comments: