Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dad 93: Leaves Receive the Heave

(My guess is Zack.  Enjoy Dad's post!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the Northeast.  The weather has been summer-like for the past few days.  Need rain as it is very dry.  The experts tell us that we will receive showers on Saturday followed by a steady rain on Sunday.  Hope they are correct.  I have used the good weather wisely.  Pretty much ready for the season.  All systems go.

I spent this morning crawling around under the deck blowing out a bunch of dried leaves.  Don't have a blower so used a shop vac as a blower.  Was successful but there has to be a better way.  After lying on the ground, I find it difficult to hop up to a standing position.  Not as easy to do as it was 50 years ago.  Did I just say that?  Really, 50 years ago!  Another spring ritual completed.

Motor home is ready for the road, but I doubt that it travels too far with the current gas prices.  Will serve as Kaelen's home as she returns for her 4th summer of employment at the Clambake (a restaurant down the road from us).  Kaelen will return with us from Eureka, Illinois following her sister Kelsey's graduation on May 20, 2012.  They will both attend Eureka College in the fall.  Kaelen will be a senior while Kelsey will be a freshman.  Study!  Study!  Study!  My words of encouragement.

Talked to sister Jean yesterday and was encouraged by our conversation.  She seems to be progressing quite well.  She has received many prayers and we request they continue.  They are being answered.  Thanks to you all.

As I sit here writing this my thoughts turn to Chicago.  Why, you ask?  Well, I received a message via Facebook from Illinois that the Reeds and the Henry family (minus Joe) are traveling by train to Chicago.  They will spend the night there, returning to Eureka tomorrow.  The Reeds traveled to Eureka, Illinois last week as they drove through the night to arrive in Eureka Friday morning.  From my understanding, they have been busy and are enjoying the visit.  It was interesting to see a photo of our four grandchildren!  Size-wise, the younger grandsons have passed their older cousins.  I wonder who ate the most at the Burger Barge.  My guess is....  No comment!


The lawn needs mowing but my tractor is being serviced.  Hope to get it back soon.  In the meantime, I'll sit here and watch our squirrels eat the walnuts we feed them.  And chase off the crows and seagulls.  Bad birds!  Might have to get the BB gun out!

Enough for now!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: