Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A New (and Very Cool) Toy

My birthday present arrived today!

I had been talking about getting some sort of tablet. Lew said if I got one, it would have to be an iPad. That happens to be way above my price range. I mentioned a couple less expensive models, but he didn't think they were worth it.

So... onto Plan B. Which turned out to be better than Plan A!

I have an iPhone, which I love. The advantage of the iPhone is that I am already paying for Internet access. With an iPad or other tablet, I would have Internet access only with a WiFi. (I would NOT be willing to pay for an additional network data plan.) So, basically my iPhone is a small version of an iPad.

My only issue with my iPhone is that I can't do a lot of typing on it. Not fast typing anyway!

So I began to look into whether there are external keyboards for iPhones.

And, what do you know?!

I typed this post on my iPhone with my new Verbatim Bluetooth Keyboard!

Very, very, very cool.

(Postscript: I want to send a "Happy Birthday" shout out to my Aunt Jean!)

(Post-postscript:  When I posted this from my iPhone, it took out all my paragraph spacing.  I used my laptop to insert the spacing.  So, I still have a few more things to figure out.  Still... very, very, very cool.)

No comments: