Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dad 91: The Return to Routine

(Should I be getting nervous about what the yard will soon look like?  Hmmmm.....  Enjoy Dad's post!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the still chilly, sunny Northeast.  Expect showers later today, but then sunny weather through Easter.  He is risen!  He is risen, indeed!

Yesterday, Spouse and I watched as tornadoes went through the Dallas area.  We watched as trailers from the Schneider terminal were thrown about like toys.  A disturbing spectacular show.  Great news that no one was injured.  Amazing!

Today, I have decided to finally get back into my pre-trip routine.  Our trip to the Midwest was enjoyable and we were happy to see family members and especially fortunate to visit sister Jean as she recovers from cancer surgery.  Talked to Jean yesterday as she continues to recover at home.  It is a slow process and your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

It has been three weeks since I last performed my ritual on Lew and Tracy's elliptical machine.  I plan on getting back on the horse today and will resume my daily routine.  I have to lose the five pounds I gained on our Midwest visit.  So be it!

I am in full Spring mode now.  I must get my snow plow stored for the season.  Looks very strange still attached to the Silverado.  The motor home must be unwrapped and serviced for the season.  The trailer must be licensed and used to transport the John Deere for its spring service.  Lawn mowing is almost here as green is becoming the color of the earth.

Several more duties must be performed as I prepare for the warm season.  Our yard goodies must be brought out of hiding and strategically placed about.  I'm about to expand our front lawn vegetable garden.  Not a large plot.  Just enough for a few squash, cukes, and tomatoes.  Worked out well last year as a starter garden for our first garden in several years.  We had a large garden years ago but, as the gophers ate very well, we decided not to garden again.  The wild animals were certainly well fed.  Humans not so well fed!

The morning hours are quickly going by and I must make a trip to the grocery store, schedule an appointment to service the car after the trip, and check out the Old Orchard Beach cottage.  I must get moving or I will have to procrastinate for another day on my exercise regimen.  Sounds like a good idea.  I can't let this happen!!

Must get moving!  Soooo!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: