Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hold the Mayo (or Miracle Whip)

Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?  Lew and I have an ongoing debate about which tastes better.  I prefer Mayonnaise.  He likes Miracle Whip.

So I conducted a little poll on Facebook a couple days ago to ask what other people like better, and 43 of my Facebook friends weighed in!  One of my friends gave her husband's preference as well.

After adding Lew and I to the mix, I have a total of 46 responses.

The Tally:

Mayonnaise = 25
(4  Hellmann's; 2  Cains; 19 no brand specified)

Miracle Whip = 17

It depends on the food = 2
(although one of these folks later indicated Miracle Whip)

Neither = 2
("DISGUSTING" and "I can live without either")

FINAL RESULT:  Mayonnaise 25; Other choices 21.  Mayonnaise wins!

My Facebook friends also shared a variety of comments.  Here are a couple of my favorites:
So I heard on the radio this morning that the average couple has like 300 arguments a year. The DJs were wondering what the arguments were about. This one did not come up. :)
They are two different condiments. I prefer Hellmann's taste. One is not better than the other, just different. Like Heinz ketchup: there is a difference in taste between regular, reduced sugar, and no salt varieties. That's why we have 'varieties'.
Thus ends my project on Mayonnaise versus Miracle Whip.  Maybe I should tackle Pepsi versus Coke products next!

3 comments:

Aunt Debbie said...

You can add me to Miracle Whip!!

Aunt Jean said...

Add Wendy and me as well to Miracle Whip.

Tracy said...

Mayonnaise still comes out on top!