Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell to 2011

I know that some people do an elaborate inventory of their accomplishments at the end of each year.  Or they do an analysis of the best and worst, what worked and what didn't, the ups and the downs... that sort of thing.

I keep thinking I should do something like that, but I don't want to.  I think this is because to some extent I do this "as I go."

The start of a new year basically means that I start my read-through of the Bible again, and I start using a new devotional.  I take the prior year bills and bank records out of my filing cabinet to make room for the new year.  (The old year gets filed in the attic.)

The most difficult thing for me is getting used to writing the new year on my checks.  Nobody else has that problem, right?

Of course I do some of the New Year's resolution stuff.  I start the "I'm going to eat better and exercise" process just like everybody else does.  (And this year, I'm really going to stick to it... just like I say every year.  LOL!)

As I say "Good Bye" to 2011, I thank God for His many blessings.  Lew and I are especially thankful for the new little grandson that arrived in October.  :)

Have a wonderful New Year's Eve... and a HAPPY 2012!

No comments: