Monday, December 12, 2011

The Pocket Dial

The "pocket dial" happens when your cell phone calls someone without your being aware of it.  (This is also sometimes referred to as the "butt dial" -- especially if you keep your phone in your back pocket.)

For example, consider my sister Kim and her cell phone.  Kim keeps her phone in her pocketbook when she's out and about.  And for some reason, her cell phone likes to call my cell phone number.  If I happen to answer, all I hear is "hmph...gurgle...blah...bzzzz" (whatever) until I realize that Kim is really not at the other end.  If I don't answer, then I end up with a 90-second voicemail of "hmph...gurgle...blah...bzzzz" (whatever).

The last time Kim's phone was guilty of the pocket dial was yesterday morning.  The voicemail was a little different this time -- I could actually hear Kim's voice and some laughter.  I could make out none of the conversation, though, much to my chagrin.  But it does seem like I am getting more information with each pocket dial....

So BEWARE, Kim!  My phone is watching you!  (LOL!)

No comments: