Monday, December 26, 2011

Collection of Christmas Moments

On Saturday morning Lew and I stopped at RiteAid to buy him some garlic supplements.  (Blech.)  While there, he mentioned that he wanted to buy one other thing.  He wouldn't tell me what it was.  When I insisted, he admitted that he was going to buy a Christmas card for me.  Ah, good idea!  So we went to the card section together and stood side-by-side as we selected Christmas cards for each other....  How romantic!

We always exchange gifts with my parents and each other on Christmas Eve.  We also open our gifts from relatives that we won't be seeing for the Holiday.  After opening one gift Lew asked, "Why are the Henrys giving me a rawhide chew for dogs?"  It turns out that Cocoa's gift for Sadie had been wedged down in Lew's gift bag!  I taped the tissue paper back up as well as I could, but after I was done it looked more like Cocoa had actually done the wrapping.

Lew wanted an atomic clock for Christmas, and Santa obliged.  Lew spent quite a bit of time this morning trying to get it to work properly.  When he was getting frustrated, I reminded him that he was creating a Christmas memory.  (Figuring out the new gadgets... isn't that a Christmas tradition?)

A couple days ago, I mentioned to Lew that we should take the tree down the day after Christmas.  (I knew that we would have the time to get it done.)  His initial response was, "Noooo!  Let's leave it up for a while.  We'll take it down on New Year's Day."  I said that would be fine, but I suspected that he would continue to consider my suggestion.  And did he?

The tree is down.

No comments: