Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dad 75: Kim Comments and Joe Conducts

(May your days be merry and bright!  Enjoy Dad's post. -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the snowless northeast coast of Maine.  The plow is ready!  The weather is not!  I have no regrets.  It is, however, cold enough now for the ski areas to make the white stuff.  They also have received some snow in storms.  The story here is we had snow for Halloween and Thanksgiving.  It all went away shortly after.  Will we have a 'White Christmas'?  Stay tuned!

My last blog post in November was about a 'miracle' ride on a highwheeler with middle daughter Kim.  Shortly after the posting Kim commented on the blog.  Her comment:
YOU FORGOT TO TELL THEM YOU YELLED AS YOU RODE BY ME "I CAN'T STOP EITHER!"
I had lost my control and went zooming down the hill as mentioned in the blog post.  I might add the bike she was riding was the same one I was pictured on back in 1951 at Old Orchard Beach.  The front tire was put on by my dad.  He used over-sized rubber tire and the tire occasionally would come off.  Why it didn't happen in the dirt is a wonder.  Eventually I took the wheeling device and replaced the tire rubber with the correct size.  Never to come off again!  A much safer situation!

In a couple days son-in-law Joe will be directing the Peoria (IL) Area Civic Chorale (PACC) for his final performance.  The Christmas show will end his tenure after 20 years at the helm.  A Friday, Saturday, and Sunday performance will wind up his stint.  His wife, Kim, will be performing in the group along with their daughter Kaelen.  Our thoughts will be with them throughout the weekend.  I wish I could pull a 'genie' (like Barbara Eden) out of the bottle and transfer my residence by closing my eyes.  Not possible, so we'll miss the finale.  I know all will go well, as usual.  Here is to Joe and family.  Congratulations for a job well done.

Here's hoping everyone will be getting in the spirit of the season over the next few days.

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: