Friday, December 2, 2011

And I Helped

I cooked tonight.

Lew's buddy Steve came over and showed me how to make this focaccia-bread-stuffed thing.

Steve cut the bread lengthwise and put tons of olive oil on the bread.

The "stuffing" had lots of good ingredients.  Four kinds of cheeses alone:  Mozzarella, Cheddar, Parmesan, and Romano.  Steve told us afterward that the Mozzarella and Cheddar were "fake" cheeses.  They were soy.

We also put in sausage, which I cut up (and was supposed to fry but I don't know how to fry, so Steve did it.)  I also sliced up two tomatoes and an onion, which made me a bit teary-eyed.

The remaining ingredients were garlic, basil, and Greek olives.  Actually the Greek olives were in only one of the two foccacia things, because I don't like Greek olives.  (Nor any kind of olive, truth be told.)

To build the thing:
  • Bottom half of the focaccia bread (drenched in olive oil).
  • Arrange the tomato slices to cover the bread.
  • Mix all of the other ingredients together and pack it down on top of the tomatoes.
  • Put the top of the focaccia bread on top of that.
Oh... and you should have started building this on aluminum foil.  To bake, the whole thing is wrapped in aluminum foil.  The WHOLE THING -- top, too.

The aluminum-foil-wrapped-focaccia-bread-stuffed thing is placed directly on the middle rack of the stove, preheated to 350 degrees.  Takes about an hour to bake.

YUMMY!

Goes well with chocolate cake.  :)

No comments: