Thursday, June 23, 2011

Quality Family Time

Shortly after a scrumptious BLT dinner last night (courtesy of my husband), I went over to my parents' side of the house to say "Hi" to them.

They were both sitting on the couch and my father was reaching between two of the cushions.

Curious, I asked what was going on.

"Your father threw money at me, and some of it fell into the couch."

Coins?

"No, a five dollar bill."

I grabbed a flashlight and began to help my father look.  My hands are smaller than his, so I reached in to grab what looked like paper.

It was paper.  An entire section of a newspaper.  From last August.

I also found a button.

Dad and I ended up tipping the couch forward, after which Mom said, "There it is!"

She was talking about the five dollar bill, but she also found a pen that she had lost.

I began to wonder -- out loud -- what else could be under there.  The Gaither tickets?  My paper clip or my vitamin?

Nope.  Just the bill and the pen.

Dad and I lowered the couch back to the floor and life resumed.

As I headed back to my side of the house, I remarked, "What a fun family project."

Or something like that....

No comments: