Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Old Friends

Today I got together with my good friend Kathleen, whom I met at work a quarter of a century ago.  We hadn't seen each other in about 12 years.  (Yes, that is far too long!)  But time is funny.... It didn't seem like that much time had gone by.  Aren't "old" friends the best?!?!

After eating a laughter-filled lunch, we took a nice walk on the beach.  At one point, we came across four people sunning themselves -- all were lying on their backs.  My thought about one of them was, "Gee, that sure is a buxom man."  But then I realized it was NOT a man!  Kathleen hadn't noticed because she was looking in my direction as we talked.  So, of course, I had to frantically (yet quietly) get her to look at the spectacle.  I don't even know how to finish this paragraph.... I still can't believe it....  I'm pretty sure that a law was broken.... And I'm glad that my nephews weren't with us.

After all of the excitement at the beach, we sat on my deck to talk and laugh some more.  Kathleen hung around long enough to meet Lew before she headed home.

We are definitely not waiting another 12 years to get together!  :)

No comments: