Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dad: Unedited LI

(Hmmm.... Maybe I'll show up in time to see the end of page one next time!  Ha ha!  Enjoy Dad's post.  --  Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the "Great" Northeast corner of these United States.  The Estate at 198 Pine Point Road.  What a life!

As I sat down with pad and pen, Kaelen asked what I was doing.  I told her I was answering all of her questions, and that I was going to put it in "Derf."  Her response was that if I put that in, I don't have much to write about.  I agreed, but here goes.  Next question from Kaelen.  What are you going to write about, for the second time?  I think she must be writing a book.  She told me she was not when asked, but I'm not sure if I believe her.  I want a first edition copy.  Got that, Kaelen?

I started the day by stocking up the garage refrigerator with ice cream and drinks.  It is fully loaded.  Ready to go.  The "goodies" are accessible.

We went to the cottage and sister Deb and spouse puttered around to get it ready for the Henry family arrival.  Should arrive about 4 - 5 p.m.  Can't wait to see Cocoa!  Summer is here!!

Josh's all-star team lost 7-6 last Saturday in the double-elimination tourney.  Josh hit a home run.  His third in the last four games.  They play again tomorrow.  I believe Josh will pitch and a loss ends the season.  We'll have a good crowd to root him on.  Good luck, All-Stars!  Next week we'll keep you posted.

Josh, Zack and friend Jackson were visiting the other day with Glen, Deb, and Sadie.  The Go-Kart was used as a weapon to dig up our fine manicured lawn.  The more I yelled -- "Don't dig up the lawn!" -- their smiles got larger, the accelerator was pushed harder and the skids sent dust a' flyin'.  So much for listening to the old guy.  I have to admit that it is good to see the boys enjoying the Kart.  Even though they seemed intent on the total destruction of our grass.  It will grow back.  Boys will not be boys for long as everyone grows up.  Wouldn't it be great if we could stop time and live forever within the circumstances that we choose?  Doesn't work that way, does it?  Life goes on.  We grow old and youth grows up!  It has been this way for years.  I see no change coming soon.

Lew seems to be enjoying his vacation but will be the chief cook at tonight's meal for the Cocoa arrival.  He will be the grill master.  Since last summer's problems caused by Kim and spouse with the much ballyhooed smoke story, the grill is off-limits to them.  Lew is left holding the bag.  He does such a fine job.

Sister Deb arrived yesterday after seeing our beloved Sox (Red) win in Pittsburgh on Sunday.  The way things are going this could be their only win of the road trip.  Right now they are in a "FUNK."  We hope for a turnaround soon!  GO SOX!!

Wow!  I've had a good week.  It will only be getting better.  Looking forward to the next few weeks.  It will be over before we know it.  It always is.  That's Life!

I must stop now.  Tracy showed up and saw page three and gave me a disgusted look.  Just kidding!  She enjoys posting Derf!  Don't you, Tracy?  Please don't answer.

Until next time;

Toodle Pip;

Derf!

No comments: