Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dad: Unedited XLVII

(My friend Ellen and I got caught in the rain during our walk this morning.  It's been a crazy day.  Enjoy Dad's post! -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  Sitting in the pickup in the Old Port while spouse visits the doctor.  Found a parking place after only one trip around the block.  We seem to be in a summer weather pattern as the rumble of thunder graced our area one hour ago.  We've had some great weather over the past few days and after today (possible showers), the future looks good.

Kaelen has settled into her summer home and work goes on.  She spent the Memorial Day holiday at the lake with the Reed family.  Went to Old Orchard Beach for "Pie and Fries."  Then to the movies with friend Nathan.  She had a good day.

We went to Josh's game last night.  He pitched the complete game.  He struck out 12 of the 18 outs.  He fielded two balls and got the runners at first.  He caught a pop-up.  So he was involved in 15 of 18 outs.  They won in the last inning with a two-out, walk-off home run (3-1).  Josh tied the game earlier by stealing home.  He challenged the catcher to throw to third as he took an unreasonable, long lead.  When the catcher returned the ball to the pitcher, he dashed home, sliding under the return throw.  Answering "why he did it" he replied, "We needed a run!"  Makes sense!

We get to see Josh's last two seventh-grade games before my next post.  Also another game Thursday evening after the next seventh-grade game.  Against Nick Martin's team (a close friend with the family).  Nick's dad helps coach Nick's team and Glen helps coach Josh's team.  A very competitive rivalry!  We're looking forward to this game!  Bring it on!  Josh can't pitch as he reached his weekly pitch count last night.

I spent yesterday outside as I mowed the back "forty" for the fourth or fifth time.  Who's counting?  Watered all the plants in the flower pots and our four Topsy-Turvy planters.  I'm not sure that they will survive.  Hoping for the best!  I had a few seedlings extra and transplanted them to the front of the house.  Hope a few survive and we could possibly get cukes, tomatoes, and squash in a couple months.  I don't have high hopes but I'll keep you informed.

I can't believe that I see seven parking places available as I sit here on Exchange Street.  Only three left now.

I plan on spending today doing nothing except watering the plants.  The Red Sox have a day game and it would be nice to start winning again.  Good luck, Wakefield!  My evening will be spent watching the Bruins in Vancouver.  Hope they get one win in Canada.  They'll need one plus all home games to win the Stanley Cup.  It has been a great year for Boston sports teams!  It will continue!  Guaranteed!

There is a lot of foot traffic out today.  I just observed a fire truck pass by with lights and sirens blazing.  Have no idea what's going on.

I seem to be rambling on while waiting for spouse to return.  Maybe we'll go eat at the Old Country Buffet.  Maybe not!  So for now,

Until next time,

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

P.S. We did eat at the Old Country Buffet!!

No comments: