Friday, June 24, 2011

You Paid HOW Much?!

Last Saturday I got home from shopping and modeled my beautiful new white dress for Lew.

"See how nicely it flows?  .... But I do need an updraft to get the full effect -- you remember that scene in The Seven Year Itch, don't you?  .... This is the very dress that Marilyn Monroe wore!"

I could not read the expression on Lew's face.

Finally he asked me, "And just how much did that dress cost you?"

"4.6 million dollars -- plus an additional one million in fees."

I managed to cradle Lew's head before he hit the floor.

"Wake up, Sweetie, wake up!  Don't worry....  I didn't take the tags off of it yet...."

(Postscript:  The above scene happened only in my imagination.  When I read -- in real life -- that the dress had been auctioned off, I mentioned the final bid to Lew.  He said, "You know, I wanted to get that dress for you."  Thanks, Sweetie.  It is indeed the thought that counts.)

1 comment:

Hoosier Relative J & W said...

Cute! Gave us a good laugh! Thanks!