Saturday, June 4, 2011

Shopping With Emily

My parents' Christmas gift to me was a gift card to the Maine Mall.  I thought about what I wanted to buy with it, and I decided it was time to get a new bathing suit.  The two suits that I have are several years old and -- according to Lew -- look like "old lady" swimwear.

Emily agreed to go shopping with me when the time came.  That time was today.

There was a great sale going on, so I was able to buy a couple different swim tops and bottoms.  They all match, so that's four options to wear!  I also got a couple really cute cover-ups.  I don't normally enjoy shopping for bathing suits, but it sure was fun to go with a pregnant lady....

Yes!  Emily is expecting!  We've known about this for several weeks, but I hadn't blogged about it yet.  The baby is due October 25th.  Matt and Emily will find out this week if we are to refer to the baby as "he" or "she."  I can't wait!

While we were at the Mall, we had to go to the bridal shop.  Emily is in a wedding in September and she had to order her dress.  When the saleslady showed Emily the dress and told her the color, Emily said, "I wore that exact same dress -- same color -- in a wedding last year.  I can't believe that I'm going to have two of the same dress hanging in my closet."

But Emily, they won't be exactly the same.  The new one will be ... ahem ... much bigger than the old one!

We did a little more shopping.  Emily bought some maternity clothes.

And -- as always -- our favorite part of shopping was saved for last!  Friendly's Ice Cream!

1 comment:

Emily T. said...

We should start referring to these rendezvous as "Ice Cream Trips with a side of shopping". Just sayin' :)