Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Sandwich and Salad Spreadsheet

Today I worked my sixth four-hour shift at my new job. Still fun!

I'm getting more comfortable with the menu items, but each day I pick my co-workers brains so that I can better my understanding. I write my notes on a piece of paper, then I add those notes to my spreadsheet.

Yes, I said "spreadsheet."

I created a spreadsheet to list the names of the wraps, paninis, and salads. I don't list all of the ingredients on my spreadsheet, but I do have a column for some specific notes that I want to remember.

Last night I added some notes about the salad dressings, the french fry "dustings," and a few other odds and ends.

I told my young co-workers (who loved that I made a spreadsheet) that I have too much useless information taking up space in my brain. At some point, the details I need to remember for work will take over. I hope so anyway.

To do: Purge useless info.

No comments: