Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Dad 219: Football, Furballs, and Flying Weeks

(It's so sweet that my kitties miss me. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf here! Another sunny, cool, pre-fall day here in the Northeast. Following up a rainy, wet day. Not a good day yesterday. The experts predict sun the next week, but cold weather. Perhaps warming up to above normal in five days. We'll take it.

Well, we had a bad week in football. The Pats won; that's good. But Josh's and Zack's teams were defeated. The next two weeks will be tough for Josh's team as they play the top two rated teams in their division. Hope they play well! I'll be at both games as they will be played at home.

Then we had our Indiana family's team, the Colts, suffer their second defeat of the season. We also root for the Colts as our Illinois family's friend plays for them (#58, Andy Studebaker).

So.... Go Pats, Colts, Josh's team, and Zack's team! Let's get some wins this week.

I sit here, this morning, on our couch listening to Lew and Tracy's cat scratching on the door. Tracy is now working every weekday so her cats are expressing their loneliness by banging on their door. After a while it stops as they decide to sleep the day away. Think I might try that solution myself.

The weeks sure do fly by this time of year. I'm already getting organized to button up for the winter. That means putting the hoses away. All our trinkets scattered about must be put away in the back cellar. I must mow a couple more times, then put the mower away in the trailer. (This makes room for Glen's and Lew's motorcycle storage.) The plow must be put back on the pick up. (It is supposed to take only a few minutes; this is not what I've experienced.) I'm tired just thinking about winterizing. I have run out of gas.

Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: