Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Dad 220: A Record Problem

(Maybe Dad needs to learn eBay! Enjoy his post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Enjoying another beautiful day here in the Northeast. Temperature isn't the warmest but it is still delightful. We'll enjoy.

Zack's team is back in the win column while Josh's team is still looking for a win. Sure do enjoy watching the boys play football.

Breaking news! Josh will be taking his driving test this Monday. Please keep positive thoughts as we all anticipate his receiving his license. Go Josh! We all wish you well!

Now to my problem of the day....

Over the years we have collected a great many record albums. They number well into the hundreds (about 500). Also have about fifty 78s. I tell you they take up a lot of space and are very heavy. I spent part of the day getting them together in one place. Several weeks ago I emptied the house attic of recordings. Today I emptied the garage attic.

Now my problem is how to rid myself of the recordings. I called a couple places with no success. I'll admit my records are mostly gospel. I do have some pop and jazz, but I'm not going to separate them.

I'm almost to the point of trashing some each week for the next few weeks. If I take them to the dump it will cost me money. So, to the trash they can go. Sad to see them thrown out, but no one wants them. I guess that is what happens when age sets in and new models take over.

Done for today, sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: