Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Dad 218: Football, Furnaces, and One Flashy Car

(My advice for Josh: Put your cell phone in the glove compartment, always wear your seatbelt, and use your blinkers. Enjoy my father's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Another early fall day in the Northeast. Gotta love the weather this time of year.

We are in full football season now. Zack's eighth-grade team has won all three of their games to date. Zack recovered a fumble in his last game. Well done! Josh's high school team opened with a loss. Josh is the center on offense and finds himself playing a lot of defense also. He handled the ball well at center. This Friday's game is in Bangor. I will not be there. It will be a tough game.

Well, Josh turned 16 yesterday and sent in for his license exam date. The car he was going to drive couldn't pass inspection, so Glen and Deb found another vehicle. It is one flashy car. Jet black! Sunroof! It is an Infinity and looks brand new. One of those one-owner vehicles only driven on weekends. Drive carefully, Josh! Good looking ride!

Sister Deb has finally arrived back at her home in Florida. That officially is summer's end.

We had the furnace man check out our heating devices for the upcoming cold season. The monitor heater and furnace are ready for another brutal winter. Bring it!

This morning I spent some time trimming our lilac trees. Hauled another $20-load to the dump. Still have about three tall trees within the lilac bushes. Hope to get them removed by a pro. (I don't dare remove them myself. I'm worried that I might wipe out my neighbor's back porch.) I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Hope to have this finished for my proofreader and editor by the time Tracy (editor) returns from her new job. I'm done for the day. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: