Saturday, September 27, 2014

I Love Matching Tiles

The weather was beautiful today. Just like summer!

I took advantage of the nice weather and went to Josh's football game. (It was the Homecoming game.) As the game progressed, it got hotter and hotter outside -- or at least it seemed to. Josh's team was behind by quite a margin, so I thought about leaving early. But I decided to stay until the end of the game. When I stood up to leave, I could feel the sweat on the back of my legs. I had light-weight jeans on, but I would have been better off wearing shorts!

I have completed four weeks at my new job. Yesterday was the "crazy-busiest" day so far. Lots and lots of customers. Emily was one of them. I hope she enjoyed her lunch.  :)

For some reason I decided to look for a Mahjong game for my iPad a few days ago. I went to the App Store and found "1001 Ultimate Mahjong" by Clickgamer.com. I downloaded it and even purchased all the extra levels. And for three nights in a row I have been playing Mahjong. This is instead of doing some reading (which I love to do) and a billion other more productive things. But as I told Lew, "Perhaps I just needed a break from the pace I normally keep, especially since I am still adjusting to a new routine." Rationalization? Maybe. (Or maybe not.) At the very least, I have enjoyed playing Mahjong.

As I write this, I hear Lew talking to the kitties (it's time for their night-night goodies) and I also hear the laundry machines running. I'll be up late to finish the laundry tonight, but I'll be SO glad tomorrow. Doing laundry on Sunday is the pits.

Tomorrow's plan: Church, lunch with Verlie, then an afternoon/evening of reading, watching football, and playing Mahjong.

No comments: