Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dad 84: Ramblin' Man

(A plethora of news, comments, and opinions from Dad today.  Enjoy!  --  Tracy)

Derf Here!  From still pretty much a winterless winter on the northeast coast.  Sure, we've had some cold (below zero degrees) temperatures, but no storms in sight and we're halfway through February.  Still cold enough for the ski slopes to make snow and groom their trails.  Spring is on its way.  Yippee!!

Well, as I said one year ago in post XXXII, we survived another Valentine's Day with no major expenses.  My secret wish for Valentine's Day still didn't materialize once again.  Maybe next year!  No, I still will not reveal my secret wish!  Don't even ask!  Secret means "secret."  So there!

I did have a chance to devour some delicious chocolate hearts and chocolate-covered strawberries from the famous Len Libby's candy store.  Daughter Deb dropped by on her way home from work with the goodies.  We're fortunate that she works in a candy store.  They have a fine product line.  Also an 1800-pound chocolate moose in the building.  Now that would last at least a day or two!

There is a professional sports story out there now following a young man named Jeremy Lin.  He is a graduate of Harvard and is a most unlikely member of the New York Knicks basketball team.  Forced into the starting lineup, he has led the team to six straight wins.  Just last night he tied the game with a three-pointer.  Then, with 0.5 seconds left, his three-point shot won the game.  This, after they trailed by twelve points in the fourth quarter.  He has sort of taken over the "Tebow factor" in professional sports stories.  Check it out!  Six and counting!

As I sit here writing this, I just glanced out my window at Uncle Lew's deck area.  To my surprise one of our squirrel friends is out there eating the mixed-nut feast that I put out there yesterday.  Since I put the scrumptious nut meal out there, I have had to scare away (twice) the largest seagull I have ever seen.  It was as large as our turkey visitors of a few years back.  I miss my daily sightings and feedings of the turkeys.  They were a lot more trusting of me than the squirrels.  They would wander around at my feet as I fed them.  Not the squirrels.

Lastly, after several thousand votes, people saying "keep the beard" outnumbered those who said "remove it" by at least two to one.  Actually there were only three votes.  I don't have as many fans as I had hoped!

Well, I'm going to go against the scientific vote and will be clean-faced one week from tomorrow (as planned prior to the worldwide vote).  It has been great not shaving since last fall.  Laziness is not a bad way of life.  Back to buying razor blades.  Oh, well!

I've rambled enough for today.  So!!!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: