Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dad 85: New Modem & A Prayer Request

(Lots of love to Aunt Jean!  We're all praying.  Enjoy my dad's post.  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  Snowed last night.  One can almost see the covering of the grassy spots with the white stuff.  Not so in the driveway  It's melting already.  Reports say we could hit 50 degrees today.  That will take some of the snow cover down a little further.  Not much on the ground anyway.  Spring is in the air.  Should I remove my plow from the pickup or leave on just in case?  Being lazy, I think I'll leave it on until Spring arrives.  Seems like a good idea.  Can you tell I get paid by the word?

Originally I planned on a post today mentioning some of the autos that my dad owned as I was growing up.  This idea came to me as I woke up in the middle of the night last week.  Why I woke up thinking about this is still causing me to wonder why it happened.  I even started to write a list of several vehicles.  However, this post will wait for another time due to technical difficulties beyond my control.

Here lies the problem.  As I sit here writing I cannot get on the Internet.  We have been having trouble with the Internet shutting off and on for a few weeks now.  Tracy will unplug cords from the router and the modem for a few minutes.  Upon reconnecting the two we found success in Internet access.  I even figured out how to rearrange the plug-ins to regain access to the Internet.  Hooray for me!  I'm a genius!

While I sit here, Tracy is visiting a friend that is allowing her to connect with necessary persons on the Internet.  Upon her return home, I'm sure our problem will not be solved.  After several disconnects and reconnecting, I still have no success.  Perhaps this post will not be posted today.  Methinks a new modem is needed to solve our problem.  Tracy will be out doing errands later and plans on getting a new one.  Hopefully this solves our problem.  If not, we'll purchase a new router.

If you are reading this you'll know our problem has been solved.

Between now and next blog by Derf, I have a request.  Please lift up a prayer or two for sister Jean as she undergoes surgery in Indianapolis on Monday, February 27.  Sister Deb will be in Indy to help with this trial in Jean's life.  Also, it is fortunate that daughter Wendy (the family prayer warrior) and Kathy (along with husband, Gordon) live there to help in this time of need.  Thank you for your prayers on behalf of the family.  More about this later.

Next Tuesday, February 28th, would have been our dad's 100th birthday.  I have an idea that he will be celebrating this with all members of the family that have gone on before.  Happy Birthday!  I'm not quite ready to join the festivities!!  Another 50 years would be good!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Glad your internet is working now. Love the blogs. Thanks ever so much for all the prayers as well. Yes, and Happy 100th. Birthday in heaven Dad (or grandpa)Gowen.