Saturday, February 4, 2012

Facing the Giants

Anything major happening this weekend?  Ha ha!  (Why, oh why, am I a sports fan?)

Several months ago Lew and I borrowed three DVDs from my sister Debbie.  We still had one of the three movies left to watch, and I decided that it was finally time.

The final movie?  Facing the Giants.  I told Lew that we had to watch this movie the day before the Patriots play the Giants in the Super Bowl.  It even has a football story line.

Inspired by God, a struggling football coach at a Christian high school discovers a new purpose for his team.  One of the lessons in the movie is that we are to give our best, using the talents that God has given us.  And whatever we do, we are to honor Him and give Him the glory -- whether we win or lose.  (I thought of Tim Tebow several times as I watched.)

Facing the Giants turned out to be a perfect choice for tonight... for reasons that have nothing to do with football.

No comments: