Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Every Morning

"Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"

A friend of mine shared the above quote on her blog yesterday.  It's from the book Anne of Green Gables.

Yes, tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.

It reminds me of Lamentations 3:19-23:
I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.   (NIV 1984)
It really is nice to know that, isn't it?

(Postscript:  I don't remember ever reading Anne of Green Gables.  I think I'll add it to my book list.)

No comments: