Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dad: Unedited XLIII

(Happy Birthday to my cousin Wendy!  Enjoy today's post by Derf, a.k.a. "the lawn caretaker."  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the well-manicured northeastern estate on Pine Point Road in Scarborough, Maine.  Just a little pat on the back to the lawn caretaker of the south 40.

One of my busiest weeks in history has just passed by.  As I look back at the events, I'm surprised I have managed to withstand the pressures (at my age) surrounding the events.  I witnessed 4 (four) live baseball games for Josh (W2 - L2) and 2 (two) live lacrosse games which Zachary played (lost both).  All this while I'm trying to keep up with the progress of the Celtics (not good), Bruins (very good), and the Red Sox (seems to be getting better).  So much for athletics.  The game season is upon us and we'll try to keep up with all the pros and "not so pros."

While all the above was going on, I hear there was a wedding across the pond.  I did my best to avoid all the "hoopla" surrounding this event with great success.  Thanks for the remote.  One would think this was a big "world wide" event.  Not to me.  I will tell you that spouse and Tracy arose at 4:00 a.m. to witness the event live.  Waste of time -- you be the judge!  Tracy's Colby college roommate Suzy was in the live crowd to see a couple cars drive by.  She was a witness to history.  However, I believe she had a better view upon arriving home to observe the whole boring 7 hours of the recording.  That's enough on that event.

Osama Bin Laden is dead!  You need no more on this situation.  Let's just thank the military men and women who serve and protect us and our rights on a daily basis.  Great job, Seals!

Two other events happened this week that probably trump all others.  Birthdays for Tracy (age unknown -- I really know because I was there) and niece Wendy (the family "prayer warrior").  Her age is only known to a few, but I do know she has one year on Tracy's unknown age.  If I'm not mistaken next year is a "big one."  Right, Wendy!  Hopefully both enjoyed their day!!  Actually, Wendy's is today.  If the phone lines aren't tied up, I hope to get through to wish her "Happy Birthday, Wendy!"

I'm writing this post while in the "caah" sitting in the Old Port section of Portland.  Spouse is having a doctor's treatment while I write.  Usually my time here is spent reading but today it's writing.

As you see the Northeast is in Spring mode (was sure cold yesterday at the 2 games I observed), and there are various events to occupy our time.  We're looking forward to summer, visit from our Illinois family, and warmer weather.  Please!!

Until next time (when I'll try to have another tale for you).

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: