Friday, May 6, 2011

Walking With Ellen

My friend Ellen and I go for morning walks together on Wednesdays and Fridays.  I should qualify that:  We go walking when the weather cooperates.  For example, Wednesday was a rainy, dreary day.  So, no walk that day.  Today, however, was beautiful.

Ellen and I have a nifty plan for meeting up.  We leave our houses at the same time, and walk toward the other person.  No, it's not rocket science, but it works.

Today, Ellen asked me if I had gotten my mother anything for Mother's Day.

Nope.  My parents don't really have a lot of place to put stuff.  (Although I do have a card for you, Mom!)

But, after Ellen and I parted, I remembered something that I could do for my mother!  Something that would be very beneficial!  Yes!  As I finished my walk home, I took great care to not step on any cracks....

:)

(Postscript:  For those of you feeling sorry for my mother -- even though she is getting a card -- please rest easy.  She and I are going to go buy an outdoor plant sometime next week.)

No comments: