Thursday, May 19, 2011

Get Out the Noisemakers!

When I logged in on Blogger just now, I saw that I had 499 posts.  So, this is the 500th post on "Mainely Tracy."  Woo hoo!  Time to celebrate!  I have not written all of the posts myself.  Derf has written 45 of them.  And Pepper has been a guest blogger a couple times as well.  (She is such a clever kitty!)

I went to the eye doctor this morning for a regular checkup.  She told me that I don't need new glasses!  This is another major cause for celebration.  I've had my current pair of glasses (progressive lens bifocals) for three years now.  If my memory serves me correctly, they cost over $500 when I got them.  My eyesight is so bad that I need all of the "bells and whistles" when it comes to the lenses; thus, the high cost.  So, I am very very very very very very very happy that I don't need to buy new glasses.

I just went upstairs to get my father a couple of AAA batteries.  I am very clumsy and fall while going up the stairs if I'm not careful.  I was not careful.  I was almost to the top when I fell, but I did manage to catch myself.  Then I took a few more little stumbles and almost fell into the wall.  I will not be asked to be in the ballet anytime soon.  Still, I am safely back downstairs and continuing this post.  Another reason to celebrate!

The printer that I bought yesterday normally costs $100.  This week, it was on sale for $80.  Plus, I had a $30 coupon for this very printer.  So, I only paid $50 for it!  Yahoo!

The Red Sox are currently two games over .500.  Hooray!  Keep it up, boys!

Now, if it would only stop raining....

No comments: