Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Cat Confession

I have been keeping a secret from my husband.

For several consecutive evenings this past week, Pepper hid under my parents' bed.  I tried to lure her out with her "nite-nite" goodies, but she wouldn't come out.  (Although she did eat the goodies when I put them under the bed with her.)

Mom wondered if Pepper was feeling well or not.  I figured that she was just trying to change her routine a bit.  (Don't cats get bored???)

I went over to say hello to Mom yesterday morning, and as I opened her door she said, "Keep an eye on Pepper!  She just threw up."  And Mom went to her sink to get some cleaning supplies.

Before I fully comprehended what had happened, Pepper ran by me through the open door into the entryway.  And from the entryway she ran through another open door...into my side of the house.

She ran through our dining room (sheet vinyl floor) into the living room (carpeting).  Then she stopped, and....

I'm sorry, Lew!  Pepper threw up on our carpet!  But only a little bit.  Mom cleaned it up, as I was pretty useless.

There.  No more secrets.

I feel better now.

(Postscript:  Pepper did not hide under the bed last night.  Mom was right!)

No comments: