Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dad: Unedited XLV

(Dad wrote the following post this morning.  I'm a little late getting it typed in, because I went shopping to get my new printer.  And then I had to set the printer up, of course!  Enjoy my father's post.  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the "verrry sooogggy" Northeast.  No sun!  Constant precip!  However, no flooding -- something to be thankful for!

Update! Update!  Update!
The Sox (Red) are over .500!  Josh's two teams haven't lost in a week.  Zack's lacrosse team still winless, but improving (I think)!  The Bruins are still playing.  The Celtics are done!  So sad!  I believe the Kendrick Perkins trade broke up the Celtics chemistry.  Maybe not, but that is what I believe.  Part of the "family" was traded away.

This week was originally supposed to be the week to get ready for Kaelen.  Oldest grandchild Kaelen is set to arrive here next Monday to start her summer job at the Clambake.  This will be her third summer working at "The Bake."  She has just finished her second year at Eureka College (Illinois) and also had to serve a term of jury duty.  Her jury duty was a short term.  She went one day.  Wasn't chosen and did not have to return.

Kim and Joe attended the Eureka College graduation exercises and met featured speaker Newt Gingrich.  Newt was the speaker at Ronald Reagan's alma mater.  I don't think Newt did his presidential run justice by his comment Sunday about "right wing social engineering."  Didn't seem to be friendly to Paul Ryan and crew!  Self-control doesn't seem to be one of Newt's characteristics.  Must control  one's speech!

I'm planning on travelling to Gorham today to Josh's game if the weather permits.  Only four games left.  I must try to attend all of them (three away, one home).

Looking out our kitchen window today I can not see our neighbor's house very clearly.  It seems that the lilacs are about to bloom and smell up the area.  Both purple and white lilacs are actually quite well liked by the residents.  It is a sign of spring when in bloom (usually around the first week in June).  They will be gone in a couple weeks.

I still have to purchase my "topsy-turvy" planters as I'm planning on trying to raise some tomatoes, cukes, and squash.  Don't know if it will work out or not.  I'm going to give it a shot.  I kind of miss our garden that we used to have in the lower forty.  That was several years ago, however.

I just had some good weather-related news.  It might stop raining in a couple days for a day.  Wow!  Great!  I'll keep you posted.

I must now have my "salad" lunch and do my "ellipticalization" for thirty-four minutes prior to the afternoon ball game.

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: