Friday, May 13, 2011

Tweet, Tweet!

I don't know when Blogger became unavailable yesterday, but I wasn't able to access it when I tried to sign in last night.  The site was OK for "read only," but it wasn't available for posting again until today.  So, there was no entry on "Mainely Tracy" yesterday -- only the fourth day without a post since 01/01/10!

Wednesday was Derf's day, which means I haven't really posted since Tuesday.  "What's new with her?" you may be asking.  (Yes -- I can hear you all asking.)

Well...

I signed up for a Twitter account!

I have only "tweeted" once.  My tweet was:
This is my very first "Tweet."

I really got on Twitter so that I could follow other people.  For example, Jerry Remy.  He is the color analyst for the Red Sox broadcasts on NESN.  He was quite ill a couple years ago and missed much of the season.  So, when he missed several games in a row within the last few weeks, I started to wonder if he'd had a relapse.  But then I saw an article that mentioned he had "tweeted" about what was going on.  So now that I'm on Twitter, I can tell you that he's had a "viral coughing thing" in his chest, and doing the games would have been "annoying" to the viewers.  But he's feeling much better and hopes to be back in the booth Monday.  (Hooray!)

I'm also following "Bible Summary."  The tweeter is summarizing the Bible -- one tweet per chapter, one chapter per day.  (Today's summary was for 2 Samuel chapter 12, so he has a long, long way to go.)  This is an interesting idea, because of the 140-character limit for a tweet.  He really needs to capture the essence of the chapter with great efficiency in his use of vocabulary.  (Much like the sentence I just wrote!)

Tweet, tweet!

(Postscript:  The "Bible Summary" tweets are archived on the following website, in case you're interested:  http://www.biblesummary.info/.)

No comments: