Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Cloud

Several weeks ago, Lew learned that he would soon be working in "the Cloud."

"What do you think it is?" he asked me.

"The Cloud?  Is that a place?"  I couldn't help but look at the sky out the window.

This exchange was followed by a Google search.  Apparently "the Cloud" has something to do with the Internet and computer equipment far away from where you actually are.

It might be that "the Cloud" is really a place.  Perhaps some secret underground computer facility that is guarded by big guys with guns.

I made that last part up.  Or at least I think I did.  One never knows when it comes to "the Cloud."

(Postscript:  On a serious note, I believe that "the Cloud" is mostly a fancy name for the Internet.  But I am not an expert.  And you can take that to the bank...seriously!)

No comments: