Monday, May 2, 2011

"Oh See, Oh Go!"

O CI, O GO.

One Comes In, One Goes Out.

The project for Day 29 of the Organize-a-thon was to adopt the above mindset.

So when my mother gave me a birthday gift yesterday of two pair of athletic slacks (one long pair, one knee length), I knew what I had to do.

Good-bye, light pink sweat pants that I've had for over 20 years!  I will miss your stretched out waistband that I had to safety pin so that you would stay up.

Good-bye, black pair of Matt's old Portland High School gym shorts that had a big hole...and lots of little ones.  Every time I put you in the washing machine, I wondered if you would come out in one piece!

Both of the above "Out" items went into the garbage, which was picked up today.  So it's too late if any of you thought, "Gee, I might like to have those...."

1 comment:

Kim said...

I remember those pink sweatpants!!! 20 years! That's some lifespan! Though, Ryu was commenting on the age of my Levis the other day. Hmmm.