Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tornado Season

We Mainers are pretty blessed with our weather patterns.

Sure, it snows a lot in the winter.  We get some pretty nasty thunderstorms.  And occasionally, the latest hurricane will make an appearance.  But since I moved back home to Maine in 1996, I can think of only two separate times that a tornado has ever touched down here.  In fact I blogged about it in a post last July.

While ellipticalizing this morning, I watched some of the news coverage on the tornadoes that the Southern U.S. just experienced.  I couldn't believe the video footage.  The devastation was so sad to see.  And tragically, many lives were lost and some people were still missing.  My thoughts and prayers go out to those folks who have lost loved ones or lost their homes.

I was listening to a thunderstorm here within the last hour.  And it's still a little windy outside.  So it's not the greatest day weather-wise.

But, all in all, it's not so bad either.

No comments: