Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dad: Unedited XXXIX

(I explained to Dad that the four losses still count in the standings.  He knew that, of course.  Enjoy his post!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the 'cool' Northeast.  I still look out and see snow -- but it is disappearing.  Great!

Portland area received about 6 inches of snow on April 1st.  Other places in the state received up to 15 inches.  A really great April Fools Day prank by our 'mother' (AKA Nature).

Here are some snow stats I'll share with you.  Our normal snow to-date is 63.3 inches.  This year we've had over 80 inches.  Last year at this time we had only 37 inches.  So one might say this winter has been slightly more miserable than last year.

Today it is sunny and about 44 degrees.  However, the wind makes it feel a lot cooler.  Please, Spring, come to Maine!!  We are ready.

The professional baseball season is upon us and our beloved Red Sox have started in the hole by going 0-4.  I'm not worried as the season doesn't begin in my mind until the home opener on Friday.  Of course it will be a game with the 'evil' New York Yankees.  I still say the BoSox will win it all this year.  There is not a chance for failure.  So there!  I said it!  I have been wrong several times.

Spent a lot of time watching the 'final fours' (both men & women).  I was torn between UConn and Butler so I can live with UConn as I like Jim Calhoun (Coach).  Texas A&M won the women's championship and Baylor can say they beat the national champion 3 (three) times during the year.  If Notre Dame had won, UConn could have said they beat the champion 3 (three) times during the season.  Incredible as it sounds, women's basketball has a champion that lost 3 (three) times to the same team during the season.  This will never happen again.  It might; I don't know.

Pepper just crossed over me to look out the window to watch our squirrel eat some delicious walnuts and peanuts.  Seems to be enjoying them.  I just banged the window to chase off the crows.  They left and the squirrel is back and finishing off the food.

I must stop this rambling now to have my much-anticipated lovely salad for lunch before using the elliptical machine for today's workout.  My weight is now in the mid 250's.  Remember I started at 300.  Still looking to lose enough to gain my 'greek god' status.  I hope I make it.

Until next time;

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: