Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dad: Unedited XLII

(Well I, for one, am planning on getting up at 4:00 a.m. on Friday for the festivities.  I will be wearing my PJ's with the pastel-colored polka-dots.  Enjoy Dad's post!  --  Tracy)

Derf Here!  From an "Almost Spring" Northeast!  Please, let us have some sun!  I have no complaints about our weather as I watch the storms and devastation that are taking place throughout the rest of the country.  Prayers and concerns go out to the residents of those areas.  May the storms subside!! Peace, be still!

I received a phone call last evening from Josh as he was on his way home from baseball practice.  He just found out that he had made the school's seventh grade team and has a game today at 3:30 p.m.  We plan to be there (if it isn't raining).

Wanting to further my knowledge of how this happened, I phoned Deb this morning to learn the particulars.  It seems that the team is made up of 14 out of 32 tryouts.  Those who didn't make the squad will get to play on the developmental team.

Congratulations, Josh -- See you at the games!

I'm sure I'll keep you posted on the baseball season, be it good or bad.

As I sit here watching the T.V. screen I'm getting tired of all the hoopla about the upcoming wedding of "William the Prince" and his bride-to-be "Kate."  I am with Bill O'Reilly on this issue.  I care not what is happening within the "Royal Family."  They have no claim to fame in my opinion, except for being born into wealth.  History, I am told, tells us their wealth might not have been gained through legal measures.  Now, it seems, they are a burden on their country as supporting their lifestyle is quite costly.  I WILL NOT BE WATCHING THE CEREMONY!!  I'm sure I'll be unsuccessful as scenes will appear on all news shows.  I'll do my best to miss as much as possible.  Count me as a "fairy-tale hater."  Enough said!!

Sister Jean had a birthday a couple days ago.  I wish her a "Happy Belated Birthday."  I did call her for a chat on the correct day.  I'll make no mention of age or date of birth.  This should make her happy.  If you read "Mainely Tracy" about the birth of two new boys, you read about one of them being born into our family.  Sister Jean is a great-grandmother to Garrett and he is her third great-grandchild.  Congratulations to the family members involved.  At last check Missy and Garrett are well and Grandpa Robert and Grandma Carrie are handling the duties.  A "shout out" to all!

I rambled enough for this post, so until next time:

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: