Tuesday, April 5, 2011

An Avoided Subject

Last Friday I wrote with great excitement about the beginning of the baseball season.

As of this moment, my beloved Red Sox have a record of 0-3.

After the second loss, one of our friends from church wrote the following on Facebook:  "just remind yourself there are 160 of these left.....lol."  Was that supposed to be of comfort?

After the third loss, I replied:  "I'm reminding myself that there are 159 of these left."

I have deliberately not mentioned the Red Sox on my blog for the past few days.  Too painful.

After a day off yesterday, the team is back on the field tonight.

Hopefully they will finally have something other than a "0" in the "Win" column.

So... dare I say it???  Go Sox!!

(Postscript:  I just leafed through the most recent Sports Illustrated magazine.  They are picking the Red Sox to win the World Series this year.  Is that the kiss of death?  Oh, but I do hope S.I. turns out to be right!)

No comments: