Monday, April 11, 2011

Organize-athon Update

I am now 11 days into the Organize-athon that I am taking part in for the month of April.

So far, I am doing quite well.  But I must admit that over half of the tasks have been quite easy for me.  I guess that I am pretty organized already!  Still, it's been a good experience.  (And I even found a potato masher, as you may recall from an earlier post.)

My Aunt Jean told me that she also signed up for the Organize-athon after reading my original post about it.  I recently asked her how she was doing.  Her response:

"By the time I get my trash bag out and opened most of my 5 minutes are gone, and then throwing away things which some call clutter but I don't makes the rest of the minutes left disappear."

I have determined that the key to my aunt's difficulty lies in the phrase "things which some call clutter but I don't."

Lest my aunt think that I am picking on her... I'm not!  I think this is a problem for almost everybody.  You see something and you remember, "Oh, so-and-so gave that to me," or it reminds you of a fun trip that you took.  Or you've had it for so long that you're afraid to get rid of it because it might be worth something but you have no idea how much but you still don't dare get rid of it just because it might be worth something....

And sometimes the reason might be merely the following:  You like it.  And that's OK, in my opinion!

So, I really have no good advice for my aunt.  Except to go back and re-read my post about the potato masher.  Sometimes less is more!

No comments: