Friday, April 22, 2011

"Bought With the Precious Blood of Christ"

Tomorrow at 2:00 p.m., Lew and I will join the rest of our church choir in presenting our Easter Musical, "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross."

Then on Easter Sunday at 10:00 a.m., we will present it again.

We had nine songs to memorize.  We got the music in January, so we've had a lot of time to learn it -- although the older I get, the harder it is to commit things to memory!  But I think I'm ready.

I will end this Good Friday post with a verse from one of the songs, In Christ Alone.

"In Christ alone, who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless Babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
Till on that Cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied.
For ev'ry sin on Him was laid,
Here in the death of Christ I live."

No comments: