Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

I am not known for my domesticity, but today I am sharing a recipe with you.  It is a recipe that my mother claims she got from my Aunt Debbie's friend Carolyn.

I have actually made this dessert quite a bit -- often enough that my friend Kimmee remembered it and recently asked me for the recipe.

Kimmee's church just had a pie auction as a fundraiser for Japan earthquake relief.  She made two pie plates of this, and I hear that it went for big bucks!

Here's the recipe, just as I got it from my mother over 25 years ago.  And it is yummy!

CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE
325 degrees for 40 minutes

Ingredients:
2 pkgs. Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie mix rolls
1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 3-oz. pkg. cream cheese
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Step 1: Flatten 1 pkg. cookie mix in 9 in x 13 in pan. (May want to keep a bowl of water nearby . . . Steps 1 & 4 are easier if you keep your hands wet!)

Step 2: Add to top of cookie mix the following mixture:
cream cheese
eggs
sugar & vanilla (Mix well until smooth -- may need to beat. Cream cheese should be soft.)

Step 3: Flatten 2nd roll cookie mix in palm of hands and put on top of cheese mixture, filling it up in patches.

Step 4: Bake. Chill.

No comments: