Friday, April 8, 2011

A Worthy Goal

If I had to pick the highlight of my day, well... I just couldn't.  There are too many things to choose from.  Here are just a few....

The weather is really getting much nicer.  I enjoyed a fine walk with my friend Ellen this morning.  It was wonderful to be outdoors!

There is a new Chinese food restaurant up at the corner.  Mom and I went and picked up some lunch there today.  Yummy!

The Red Sox finally won a game!  They beat the Yankees, 9-6.  (Phew.  I was starting to wonder if they were going to go 0-162 for the season.)

The Dairy Corner (up at the corner of our road) opened today.  Although we didn't buy anything there yet, it's still another sign that the area is coming back to life after the long winter.

And... drum roll, please... Lew and I got Pier Fries tonight!  This is where the title of this post comes in.  When buying our box of Pier Fries, we also got a "Frequent Fryer" card -- buy 9 boxes, and get the 10th box free.  So, one down, eight to go before we earn that 10th box.  Lew told me that this is "a worthy goal."

Ah, spring....  :)

No comments: