Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's a Small World

After church today, we celebrated a lovely couple's 50th wedding anniversary.  Their children had planned this surprise party.  Friends and family of the couple, as well as the entire church family, were invited to attend.

While walking toward the "card basket" (to drop in our card), I saw two people that I have known since I was a kid.  The interesting thing about this encounter is that this couple does not go to our church, nor do they live nearby.  So I was very surprised to see them!

I know Sis and Roy because they are long-time friends of my Aunt Debbie.  It turns out that they were in the wedding party of the marriage that we were celebrating today!

Lew and I also saw another couple that we knew from a church that we previously attended.  They were in the wedding party, too.  And Roy is a cousin to one of them!

Another interesting tidbit is that Lew used to work with Roy's brother.

Did you get all that??!!

It really was a "small world" day!

No comments: