Saturday, March 7, 2015

"Water" Fingers

I have been very clumsy lately. Last Saturday I wrote about losing a pair of sunglasses. On Monday or Tuesday, I almost spilled an entire cup of hot chocolate all over the kitchen. (I did spill some of it, but it could have been worse.)

Then one night I was trying to stop a small leak in my water bottle. I thought that I needed to tighten it, which was actually true. But instead of tightening it, I turned it the wrong way and loosened it. And water went all over the place.

Spilling water usually isn't too bad, but it's not helpful when you spill it all over the bed that you are about to sleep in for the night. (And, no, it's NOT a water bed.)

My initial reaction was to tell Lew to grab a towel -- and make it quick! He did. He sopped up as much as he could off the bed and the covers. I changed into some dry pajamas.

Lew's efforts couldn't make the bed entirely dry, so I sat up a little longer in the guest bedroom. By the time my side of the bed was "sleepable", it was after midnight.

So my helpful tip for the week: Don't adjust your water bottle while settled into your bed. It is a terrible idea.

No comments: