Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Josh's CrossFit Debut

Debbie, Glen, and Josh came up to the house for a few minutes on Saturday so that Josh could play us a video of his first CrossFit workout.
 
If I understand correctly, there is a different workout every week as part of this competition.
 
The workout Josh showed us was – in a word – insane.
 
For the first part, he had to hang on a bar and kick his feet up in the air, high enough to make contact with the bar. He basically was folding himself in half while working against gravity. He had to do this 15 times.
 
After that he had to do a couple different weightlifting maneuvers, for a total of 15 repetitions.
 
Then he had to repeat the entire workout as many times as possible in nine minutes.
 
Then he had six minutes to lift as much weight as he could. (I don't remember the technical names of all the weightlifting moves.)
 
I was very impressed with Josh's performance! He inspired me to continue my own efforts to be in good shape. But I won't be doing CrossFit.... I'm not that crazy! Ha ha! Smile!
 
To do: Keep exercising. (It's a good habit!)

No comments: