Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dad 243: "B" Boy Beats Buzzer

(The game my father mentions was the Class B State Championship. I wish I had watched it. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! We have a fresh coat of snow this morning. I'm not about to plow as it is only a dusting (to 3 inches) and the temperature today is supposed to approach 40°. That should take care of the new snow. Did not have to plow last Sunday as the Saturday night snow was only about 2 inches. I have not plowed for a whole week. We seem to be getting on the right track for warmer weather and less snow. It is about time. I'm ready for April!

We have just completed the coldest February on record. Only one day in the month reached the average daily temperature. I can see why the "global warming" people now use the term "climate change". I guess the change in seasons is now considered a problem after working so well for centuries. Did anyone ever hear of the word "cyclical"? Weather and seasons do seem to happen in cycles. Not a new concept.

Well, we have our new pump to improve our water pressure. The old one still works but makes quite a noise. If all goes well it will be installed this weekend. I was going to attempt it but I have an offer from Lew that I cannot refuse. He makes sense as it will be easier to accomplish the task with two people as opposed to moi alone. I welcome the help. Now we hope the old pump lasts until Saturday.

Well, we watched much high school basketball last week to finish up tourney time. We enjoy watching high school youth playing ball. One game that especially held my interest was a game involving Cape Elizabeth. (I worked at Cape high school for 11 years. The coach was in a geometry class of mine as well as in my homeroom for four years. That was way back in the 70s.) Cape was down by five with 52 seconds left to play. A couple hoops and some opponent's missed free-throws tied the game at 23 seconds. Then an unsuccessful drive to the hoop by the opposition gave Cape the ball with about 10 seconds left. As the player started down the court he noticed a fellow team player leading the mad dash to the hoop. A better-than-average pass over the defense to the streaking player was caught and put in the hoop as the buzzer went off. Congratulations to Cape! And to think I was going to go to bed because I thought the game was out of reach. A great way to end my day.

I think my proofreader and editor will not appreciate any further writing. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: