Friday, March 13, 2015

A Fortunate Sound

Writing prompt: Punishment and reward.
 
I am reminded of a childhood event that I don't remember all that well - except for one detail....
 
The screeching of the car tires.
 
This is what happened (from what I've been told): Some older kids in the neighborhood were crossing the street and I wanted to follow. I was far too young to be crossing the street by myself, but I went anyway. And I almost got hit by a car. The car was able to screech to a stop. I do remember the sound.
 
My mother was inside the house and saw the event (or at least heard the commotion) and wanted to kill me herself. Instead she called my grandparents, who came and picked me up and took me out for ice cream!
 
And there you have the difference between parents and grandparents.
 
Smile!

No comments: