Friday, March 20, 2015

A Test Run

When I got up this morning, I went down to the kitchen to eat a banana and take my "heart medicine" (a.k.a. a square of dark chocolate).
 
Then I spent about 90 minutes preparing my test batch of chili (the church cook-off is a week from Sunday).
 
I had already decided what I wanted to put in my chili. I selectively combined two recipes and I also added a couple "secret ingredients" of my own.
 
I started my prep by lining up all of the ingredients on the counter and writing a few notes. Then I slowly added the ingredients, making sure that I could recreate the recipe later.
 
After I got the chili cooking in the slow cooker, I typed out my recipe on my iPad. My prep time will be much shorter next time.
 
"Next time?" you may be asking.
 
Yes! My chili recipe is a "keeper." Mom, Dad, Lew, and I ate my chili for dinner tonight. It wasn't bad. :)
 
My five minutes were up about five minutes ago!

No comments: