Thursday, October 30, 2014

World Series Past

One year ago today (a Wednesday) the Boston Red Sox won the 2013 World Series. Last night the San Francisco Giants beat the Kansas City Royals to win the 2014 World Series. This means the Red Sox are still the most recent American League team to win a World Series. (A significant fact, even if only in my own mind.)
 
Today I "throw back" to the evenings when the Red Sox won their last four championships....
 
1918. I wasn't around for that one.
 
2004. Lew and I watched the end of the deciding game on the TV in our bedroom. After the final out, I leapt out of bed and danced around the room. We then made some celebratory phone calls around the country and watched the post-game festivities. It was a great evening.
 
2007. The Red Sox were on the verge of another World Series sweep, but Lew and I both fell asleep before the game ended. I happened to wake up and thought I saw jumping on the TV. I put on my glasses and realized the Red Sox has just won! I woke up Lew to tell him. We backed up the broadcast in order to watch the final out (with many thanks to the inventor of the DVR) and stayed awake long enough to watch the trophy presentations.
 
2013. We managed to stay awake for this one. It wasn't a really close game, so it was quite relaxing to watch. But it was exciting, too, of course!
 
I did stay up last night until the end of the game. I watched the trophy presentations. Congratulations to the Giants!

No comments: