Saturday, October 4, 2014

October Baseball Musings

It's been a week of work, church events, and baseball.

I wrote about a specific MLB playoff game yesterday. Today I want to share my analysis of the potential World Series match-ups, particularly what would make each one interesting.

I just drew this rough sketch. If you follow baseball, then you will know which teams I am referring to. (If you don't follow baseball, then you may not care about this post anyway!)

 

Key:

Best Records. Best regular-season record in their league.

Wild Cards. I hope this one is self-explanatory.

Geog. Geography. Teams that are close to each other, and may share some of the same fans.

Coast 2 Coast. Teams that are on opposite sides of the continental USA.

2013. Both of these teams were favored to beat the Red Sox in their respective playoff series last year. But as we know, my beloved Red Sox won it all. ("No comment" regarding 2014....)

 

Yes, I know that I left seven squares empty. (Feel free to offer suggestions on why those match-ups would be interesting!)

And in case you're wondering, I'm not rooting for one match-up over the other. But if I had to pick which one, I'd say Kansas City vs. St. Louis, due to my years spent living in the Midwest (both Kansas and Missouri).

Ahhhh... October baseball. :)

No comments: