Friday, October 17, 2014

Once Upon an Amusement Park Ride

Writing Prompt:  A hotel story.

In this case, the word "story" could refer to a building level or a tale. I don't really want to write about a building, so I'll tell a tale....

The following is true.

When Suzy and Barry lived in the Midwest, they took their church youth group to an amusement park.  I went along as an additional chaperone. (I was either visiting or also living in the area. Some of the details are a bit fuzzy.)

This outing required staying overnight at a motel. (Okay, I know the prompt says "hotel." Humor me.)

All of the guys stayed in one room.  There were two rooms for the girls. The original plan was that Suzy and I would split up and each stay with half of the girls.

The girls all wanted to stay in the same room. (I can't remember how many there were, but I remember thinking the idea was insane.)  They insisted, however, so they got their way.  I think we put them in the middle of the three adjacent rooms.

This means that Suzy and I got to room together.  Ahhh... peace and quiet... except for the fact that I was sick from the amusement park rides!  So it was probably good that the rooming situation worked out the way it did.

And my five minutes were up a little bit ago, but I had to finish my story.  :)

No comments: